Fruity Banana Pancakes
Calling all breakfast fans, these banana pancakes are flour free, sweet and perfect for on the go! You will love this recipe, it blew us away!
Many people search for comfort carbs when switching to a plant based or raw diet. It's often the sugars and complex carbohydrates that our bodies seek, particularly when we are cold or tired. The winter for many of us is such a time - we need a sweet pick-me-up! In come these banana pancakes, which could also serve as fruit roll ups. They store in a sealed container for weeks, and children love them! I know, I gave them to my 3-year old niece who happily gobbled them up!
This is a dish made as part of the Matthew Kenney Cuisine Academy: Level I - Fundamentals of Raw Cuisine. For copyright purposes I cannot share the exact recipe, but I will share the photos and main ingredients here. You need a dehydrator in order to make these exact pancakes, as they are raw. Kaitlyn Misheff, Director of Education, featured in this post. She's amazing!
- 1 Cup Pecans (soaked)
- 3/4 Cup Cashews (soaked)
- Oat Flour (add a little if too runny)
- Maple Syrup to taste (also gives the pancakes a crispy texture, so if you use 1 banana, use a third cup of syrup)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Dash of vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- Generous pinch of salt
- Bananas, cut into large, angular chunks
- Berries of your choice
- Maple Syrup
- Fresh mint
- Yogurt or cashew cream (vanilla is delicious)
- Macadamia Nut (grate on top like parmesean cheese)
- Put all ingredients into a blends and mix together until a liquid batter forms.
- Use dehydrator trays with teflex sheets, and pour batter like pancakes onto the sheet. Only use a small amount as you want to spread them into circles and make them very thin (about 1/4 inch). Too thick and they are chewy and over-powering.
- Dehydrate until soft and pliable, about 1-2 days. You can turn them, but keep them on the teflex sheets always.
- Plate with preferred optional toppings. You can serve them traditional "pancake stack" style, or roll for a more elegant look.