This isn't your same old mezze platter - hummus with chickpeas, roasted red pepper dip, olives, etc. No no, this is Matthew Kenney style mezze, perfect for sharing or serving at parties. The chipotle aubergine chips are spicy and so addicting!
This is a dish made as part of the Matthew Kenney Cuisine Academy: Level I - Fundamentals of Raw Cuisine. For copyright purposes I cannot share the recipe for each component part, but I will share the photos and main ingredients here.
INGREDIENTS & ASSEMBLY
This is a multipart mezze platter:
1. Aubergine Chips (Zucchini Crisps) - marinated in chipotle sauce and dehydrated
2. Olive Flatbread - courgette (zucchini) • almond • olives • flax • seasoning
3. Courgette Hummus - courgette • almond • tahini • lemon • seasoning
4. Muhamarra - red pepper • walnuts • olive oil • lemon • seasoning
5. Hemp Tabouli - hemp seeds • cucumber • tomato • lemon • fresh herbs/seasoning
The flatbread is crispy and thin from the dehydrator. The aubergine chips curly, crunchy and salty. The hummus and muhammarra are fresh and slightly sweet, with a citrus zing from the tabouli. I think I prefer this over traditional tabouli! The dips can be made in the food processor, and stored in the fridge in advance. Be creative with the plating!